At the Iscar stand, which will emphasise the theme ‘Machining Intelligently’, leading-edge tools will be displayed. These tools help customers adapt to high-speed and high-feed machining, minimum quantity lubrication (MQL) and other modern machining strategies. Iscar continues to expand its existing array of products, which have established many benchmarks in the global metalworking industry.
In today’s economy with tight resources, lean operations and challenging demands, manufacturers need more support from their supply partners. The new innovative tool families, under the IQ Startup campaign, assist the user to increase profitability by employing leading-edge engineering solutions. These new Iscar tools will enable manufacturers to continue to improve their efficiency in metalworking by using modern machining strategies.
The new tools focus on increased productivity with smart insert locking mechanisms, which, therefore, create a more stable machining process. Iscar has responded to the new market demands that resulted from the trend toward high-speed machining and mill-turn machining centers, with upgrades in both tools and insert geometries, leading to less machine downtime and less labour.
Some of the products that will be on display are:
• Dove IQ Turn: An innovative dovetail pocket combined with a lever clamping mechanism provides very firm and rigid insert clamping for heavy turning.
• Dove IQ Grip: This line of tools has a unique frontal locking mechanism designed for deep heavy grooving applications with unobstructed chip flow.
• Penta IQ Grip: This remarkable design of small pentagonal inserts with five cutting edges is intended for deeper and more accurate grooving and parting applications.
• Heli IQ Mill 390: Milling inserts with three cutting edges and advanced cutting geometries function with reduced cutting forces and lower power consumption. This is an economical advantage vs. inserts with two edges.
• Dove IQ Mill: Milling insert features a unique design with 8 cutting edges for a wide range of 45o face milling applications, roughing and finishing operations on a wide range of materials.
• FlashTurn: A wide range of IsoTurn small size inserts that provide an economical advantage regarding cost per cutting edge. They are available in a wide range of geometries, corner radii, chipformers and the most advanced carbide grades.
• Deca IQ Thread: This unique geometry is a 16mm round insert with five double-sided corners that provide 10 cutting corners. The new geometry provides the most economical price per threading corner compared to three cornered laydown inserts.
• Do-Grip Jet Line: The coolant stream of the JHP (high-pressure) tools is directed precisely between the insert rake face and the flowing chip. This results in superb chip evacuation which provides extended tool life.
• Cham IQ Drill 700: Features a unique design, utilising the carbide flexibility for self-locking, eliminating the need for clamping accessories. Extremely accurate and provides high cylindricity due to an advanced self-centering edge geometry.
• SumoCham IQ: Expanded SumoCham drilling head options, featuring a revolutionary drilling head geometry that features concave cutting edges which substantially enhance the self-centering capability of the drill. No pilot hole is necessary.
• Sumo Unicham: Drills without a flange, for adjustable protrusion lengths and chamfering operations by using the standard ChamRing modular chamfering drill holders.
• SumoGun: Based on the SUMOCHAM insert geometry, for deep drilling applications of a diameter range of 10 to 25.9mm (total length of up to 800mm). SumoGun enables replacement of the drilling head inside the machine – no need to remove the drill for head indexing.
• OneTap: A new family of taps that feature an optimised cutting geometry for universal use on all types of materials.
• Tang-Grip IQ: Single-ended parting inserts with an unbeatable clamping method featuring a flat blade, thus eliminating chip obstruction.
• Swisscut Innoval: Upgraded SwissCut line with new inserts that feature an innovative oval-shaped hole. The new clamping design uses a special screw that can be accessed and operated from both tool sides, preventing the risk of falling parts.
• MillShred P290: The ideal solution for machining very high shoulders. The tools and wavy edged inserts reduce chatter and enable optimal machining for a large variety of materials.
• Helido 690 Line: New family of tools for 90°milling. The H690 features a triangular insert with six helical right-hand cutting edges. The helical design provides extremely high durability and very stable performance.
• SPINJET: Coolant-driven HSM spindles 20 000, 30 000 and 40 000 rpm for small diameter tools.
Iscar strives to work closely with customers, not only to develop new technologies that meet emerging needs, but also to maximise the value of investments in modern machinery by increasing equipment utilisation and optimising performance. Iscar’s IQ STARTUP tools and inserts are well-suited for the new generation of machining centers, enabling high feeds and speeds for highly productive machining operations. These tools are a part of Iscar’s commitment to the ongoing success of its customers.
For further details contact Iscar South Africa on TEL: 011 997 2700 or visit www.iscar.com