The Americas’ largest manufacturing show.
IMTS 2018 will be the 32nd edition of the premier manufacturing technology show in North America. IMTS 2016 hosted the highest number of exhibiting companies ever (2 407) and was the third largest in number of registrations (115 612) and in net square feet of exhibit space (1 370 256) at the McCormick Place complex. IMTS is held every even-numbered year in Chicago and attracts buyers and sellers from 120 countries.
The largest and longest running manufacturing technology trade show in the United States is held every other year at McCormick Place in Chicago, Ill. IMTS 2018 will run from 10 to 15 September 2018. IMTS is ranked among the largest trade shows in the world. Recognised as one of the world’s preeminent stages for introducing and selling manufacturing equipment and technology, IMTS attracts more than 115 000 visitors from every level of industry and more than 120 countries. IMTS is owned and managed by AMT – The Association For Manufacturing Technology.
To promote STEM studies and careers in advanced technology IMTS features a Smartforce Student Summit where students can experience fun and interactive challenges like Computer Aided Design, 3D printing, robotic welding, water-jet assembly, CNC measurement and more. This year more than 17 000 students, teachers and parents attended the summit.
Manufacturing industry professionals from all over the world attend IMTS to see more than 15 000 new machine tools, controls, computers, software, components, systems and processes that can improve their efficiency.
To help guide visitors around the vast exhibits and find their areas of interest quickly and easily, IMTS is organised into nine pavilions:
• The Abrasive Machining/Sawing/Finishing Pavilion features technology for applications that require high tolerance and precision surface finish including grinding technology, as well as sawing and cutoff machines and a variety of finishing technologies, such as lapping, balancing, honing and polishing machines.
Additive manufacturing enables layer by layer processes to fabricate three dimensional products. See the continued improvements in materials and processes that are producing more industrial additive solutions than ever.
• The Controls & CAD-CAM Pavilion offers the world of custom automation and the latest software needed to extract the maximum efficiency from machine tools to optimise plant operations and cost efficiency.
• In the EDM Pavilion, everything from CNC wire EDM equipment to die sinking machines can be found by manufacturing professionals in the tool & die industry and especially those who specialise in one-off or specialty components.
• The Fabricating and Laser Pavilion is devoted to showcasing the latest technology in fabricating, metal forming, laser, and waterjet-based machining and additive manufacturing, along with displays of welding, metal treating and marking equipment.
• The Gear Generation Pavilion is devoted to gear cutting, forming and finishing, as well as broaching, shaping and slotting machines and will spotlight traditional applications such as auto, construction, mining and ship building, plus the emerging alternative energy and wind power sectors.
• Focusing on the myriad of goods needed to run a plant, the Machine Components/Cleaning/Environmental Pavilion will offer everything from the parts to service and monitor machines, to the components necessary for safe and environmentally responsible operations.
• The Metal Cutting Pavilion is the center of the very foundation of the machine tool industry. Here, visitors will find the latest innovations in metal cutting equipment including machining centers, turning centers and the entire range of metal cutting technology.
• The Quality Assurance Pavilion features metrology equipment and systems that keep processes on track, as well as the equipment that will check the accuracy of machines.
• The Tooling & Workholding Systems Pavilion offers all the necessities and innovative solutions to tooling challenges. Here, visitors can maximise the investment in their machinery and equipment by finding the latest technology that will allow for minimum setup and machining time, give new capabilities to older equipment and explore the latest in state-of-the-art workholding systems.
Additive Manufacturing Conference at IMTS 2018
As the first and only conference focused exclusively on additive technologies for industrial part production, the conference takes a practical, applications-based look at the machines, materials and methodologies being used to grow end-use tools and components. The conference is designed for owners, executives, engineers at contract manufacturers and OEMs involved in durable goods manufacturing.
The day and a half event will include technical sessions, business networking, receptions and sponsor displays.
For further details visit www.IMTS.com