A new degree of precision to achieve accuracies on machine positioning and pitch is now possible with GF Machining Solutions’ hallmark AgieCharmilles CUT 1000 X, CUT 1000 X OilTech, CUT 2000 X, CUT 2000 X OilTech and CUT 3000 X machines. To support their precision, adapted mechanical structures for high accuracy, high standard thermal stability and dedicated machine calibration and testing are mandatory.
Today, the increased pressure on manufacturers across a variety of segments to produce always more complex and accurate components in large volumes makes the choice of machine absolutely critical in terms of precision and reliability. In the context of just-in-time production flows, rejected parts can have devastating effects on timing, costs and a manufacturer’s image. As those manufacturing demands become more extreme, GF Machining Solutions’ AgieCharmilles X series takes highly accurate wire-cutting EDM to a new extreme by eliminating pitch and positioning errors.
GF Machining Solutions’ specific calibration testing on the machines’ production site is similar to the demands manufacturers face daily. The CUT 1000 X and CUT 1000 X OilTech deliver pitch accuracy of ±1.0 μm over 200mm by 140mm, and M-shape form accuracy of ±1.0 μm. The CUT 2000 X, CUT 2000 X OilTech, and CUT 3000 X deliver pitch accuracy of ±1.5 μm over 340mm by 240mm (460 mm by 320 mm for CUT 3000 X size), and form accuracy of ±1.5 μm.
In addition, the X series machines offer manufacturers a wide range of productivity and quality enhancing features:
• Exclusive Automatic Wire Changer (AWC) two-wire spool allows the use of larger diameter wire or premium wires for the main cut and then automatically switches to smaller wire for the finishing cut resulting in increases in cutting speeds.
• Productivity is boosted by fast and reliable wire threading and simple and dependable wire disposal with the integrated wire chopper.
• Flexibility to insert urgent machining jobs, thanks to the onboard Job Management System.
• Wire threading, even under the most difficult conditions, with the ThreadingExpert, a retractable device driving the wire from the upper guide to the start hole (upper surface).
• Integrated Vision Unit (IVU Advance). With an embedded charge-coupled device (CCD) camera linked to a backlight installed on the lower arm of the machine, IVU Advance allows pre-setting, in-process local measurements, and scanning of the contour machined.
For more information contact Retecon Machine Tools on TEL: 011 976 8600 or visit www.retecon.co.za