From 23 to 26 October 2018 the international sheet metal working industry will meet again for its leading industry exhibition EuroBLECH 2018 in Hannover, Germany. A total of 1 550 exhibitors from 40 countries will put their innovative products and services on display in eight exhibition halls.
As the technological showcase and business barometer of the sheet metal working industry, EuroBLECH offers its audience a comprehensive overview of the prevailing technological trends. For companies in sheet metal working looking to find suitable machinery and smart solutions for modern production, the exhibition is the key global event. Visitors can find an extensive product range, from conventional systems through to advanced, high-tech processes and also gain an overview of what is available worldwide.
Production processes in sheet metal working have, once again, strongly advanced over the past two years. Solutions offering more flexibility, higher precision and excellent quality are high on the agenda of manufacturing companies. The use of automation and robotics in sheet metal working continues to grow. Lightweight construction and laser processing are continuously creating innovation in the field of sheet metal working.
The show profile of the 25th International Sheet Metal Working Technology Exhibition represents the entire sheet metal working technology chain including sheet metal, semi-finished and finished products, handling, separation, forming, flexible sheet metal working, joining, welding, tube / section processing, surface treatment, processing of hybrid structures, tools, quality control, CAD/CAM systems, factory equipment and R&D.
EuroBLECH 2018 is open from Tuesday, 23 October to Friday, 26 October 2018, from 09:00 to 18:00.
Keep informed with social media
EuroBLECH 2018 is present on many social networks including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Foursquare and LinkedIn. Follow the social media pages and always keep up-to-date with EuroBLECH 2018. The official hashtag for Twitter is #euroblech.
Visas for visitors
All visitors travelling on a South African passport need a Schengen visa. Since November 2009, the German consulates based in South Africa have implemented a new appointment system to eliminate applicants standing in queues. Please book your appointment 6-8 weeks in advance of your trip to avoid unnecessary stress and disappointment. Although a visa may currently take five working days, or longer, to process, you have to consider obtaining an appointment as well.
Please note that all Schengen visa applicants must appear in person in order to fulfill the latest biometric requirements. Appointments can be made online at www.visa-germany.co.za or TEL: 0861 00 22 45. The appointment incurs a fee as does the Schengen visa – please visit the website for the latest prices.
The following link will refer you to the web link of the German consulate closest to you: http://www.visa-germany.co.za. Once you have made your selection, refer to the visa section for the downloadable application form and information on all other requirements.
Besides your passport (must contain at least two empty pages), cash to pay for the visa and specific photographs, you will require the following documents if you are applying for a business visa. Don’t overlook these because you will be turned away.
• Document confirming employment situation
• Document reflecting the nature or purpose of the trip
• Documents confirming sufficient funds are available for the trip
• Flight-ticket and proof of accommodation
• International medical insurance
Important: Your trade show exhibitor stand confirmation or visitor entrance ticket, along with the proof of payment/invoice, serves as your invitation letter and these documents must be submitted along with all other documentation required by the consulate.
EuroBLECH 2018 Trade Fair Tours and Metalworking News travel package
For details of the Trade Fair Tours and Metalworking News tour contact Peter Stephenson on TEL: 083 547 1147 (between 07:00 and 13:00) or visit www.tradefairtours.com
Technology sectors by hall
EuroBLECH takes place at the world’s largest exhibition grounds in Hanover, Germany. The EuroBLECH exhibition covers the entire sheet metal working technology chain within halls 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 27. The following are where you can find the various technologies and the map gives you an easy reference:
• Sheet metal, semi-finished and finished products (ferrous/non-ferrous) – Hall 17
• Handling technology – Halls 17, 27
• Separation technology – Halls 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17
• Forming technology – Hall 27
• Flexible sheet metal working technology – Halls 11, 12, 14, 15, 16
• Tube / Section working – Halls 11, 14, 15
• Processing of sheet metal / plastic hybrid structures – Halls 13, 17, 27
• Machine elements and components – Halls 11, 12, 14, 15, 16
• Joining and fastening technology – Hall 13
• Surface technology for sheet metal / plate (process-related) – Hall 13
• Tool technology for sheet metal / plate working – Halls 13, 17, 27
• Process control and quality assurance – Halls 11, 12, 14, 15, 16
• Data processing (hardware and software) – Halls 11, 12
• Factory and warehouse equipment, safety at work, environment protection – Halls 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
• Services, information and communication – Halls 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 27
For further details visit www.euroblech.com